Air conditioning technician who allegedly killed his own wife says he ‘didn’t know’ when to leave

  • August 19, 2021

An air conditioning technician in Alaska says he “didn’t care” when his wife died of cancer in 2010. 

And when he did leave her body in her bedroom, he was the first to put on a pair of old-school, gas-filled, plastic air conditioners.

“She said, ‘What are you doing?'” 

Alaskan Air Conditioning Technician Sidney C. Williams told The Associated Press in an interview this week. 

Williams, 56, is the founder of SIDNEY AIR COOLING TECHNOLOGIES in Anchorage.

He was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2011 and told the AP he was not sure when to stop working. 

“I was like, ‘Man, I can’t believe it.

I don’t want to do this.

I can barely get by,'” Williams said. 

But he did. 

In 2012, Williams said he was in his 30s when his daughter, a high school teacher, died in her home in Alaska. His wife, Marilyn, died of lung cancer three years later.

Williams, who had been working at the facility, was charged with her murder and died in a prison hospital in March. 

The air conditioner maker said Williams had to stop work in 2013 to deal with medical issues, including pneumonia, pneumonia and liver failure. 

It also said he had to turn himself in to the Alaska Highway Patrol after the company said he could not drive the car to the airport. 

As part of the plea deal, Williams will not face any criminal charges. 

 The Air Conditioner Techs said Williams has been placed on administrative leave. 

They said they are “devastated” by the news and want Williams to receive the proper support for his wife’s death.

“We would like to extend our deepest sympathy to the family, friends, and employees of Sidney C. Siddo Air Conditioners, and wish him the very best in his future endeavors,” SASCO said in a statement. 

Last year, Williams was placed on paid leave after he allegedly raped and killed his wife, who was an assistant professor at the university.

Williams pleaded guilty to rape, forcible rape and first-degree murder charges in February 2016. 

He also was convicted of tampering with evidence. 

After the case was resolved, Williams’ wife, an assistant teaching assistant at the University of Alaska Anchorage, was diagnosed with pneumonia and died from lung cancer.

Williams said he did not want to be “the first person to be hurt” and he told investigators he had not been drinking at the time. 

While the AP interviewed Williams, he declined to speak to reporters outside of court. 

Alaska Gov.

Bill Walker told the news organization he had “great confidence” in Williams’ handling of the case. 

“[Williams] has been the face of the air conditioning business, and we need that for our state,” Walker said.


E-mail :